Vinyl wall cladding greatly improves the appearance of a home along with protecting the walls from wear and tear. The process is to simply install of a thin layer of material in panels over the exterior of a building or a house. This is an excellent way to protect the walls from harsh weather conditions as well as providing a stylish, new appearance. Wall cladding panels can incorporate several materials like natural stones and perforated metals, but vinyl wall cladding is the most popular among them, claiming more than 50% of the market share.
For many years, vinyl has been considered the best material for weatherproofing homes. Although it was introduced in the 1950s, vinyl wall cladding didn’t become commonplace until the 1970s. The quality of earlier versions was inferior, which clearly dampened its popularity. But with technological advancement, vinyl panels have been able to be produced in a range of colours and thicknesses. Since then and until now, they retain their position as the best-selling wall cladding material.
Made from PVC resin (polyvinyl chloride), vinyl cladding panels are available in many colours and shades, and the great advantage of vinyl panels is that it is manufactured in different types which vary in opacity, impact resistance, flexibility and durability so that a homeowner has the option to choose from both an economical and aesthetic standpoint.
Why vinyl wall cladding is the considered the best?
There are many reasons why homeowners choose vinyl wall cladding above others like stone or metal cladding materials.
• Acts as an insulation
Vinyl wall cladding offers all around protection throughout the year and is suitable for all weather conditions.
1. Wind proof- Homes installed with vinyl panels are considerably protected from wind in case of a storm. Homes which are located in areas where there is a threat of storms should be installed with thicker panels as they are stronger and more durable. Nowadays, manufacturers offer vinyl panels specially made to resist winds up to 150 mph.
2. Rain Proof- Proofing the home with vinyl panels closes any pores or cracks on the walls which could lead to water leakage during rain. Also since the panels are not closely attached to the walls, it does not trap any moisture. Since, they effectively protect the walls from any fungus or mold growth.
3. Low cooling and heating costs- Proofing around the walls means reduced costs of heating as well as cooling as the walls will not let in much heat and cold.
• Installation and maintenance
1. Easy to Install-The installation process is simple and easy. If a home owner is willing to take up the job himself, the cost of vinyl wall cladding can be reduced considerably. The panels come with clear instructions of the installation procedures and the tools used are not costly. Otherwise, a professional can install the panels within a short time span.
2. Low maintenance costs- Vinyl panels are strong and durable. Unlike other wall cladding materials, these are not susceptible to chipping or breaking. So maintaining vinyl claddings are easy. A wash with a garden hose now and then will keep them clean and fresh. Another benefit is that the costs of scrapping and painting the home every year can be avoided when using vinyl cladding.
3. Keep away pollution- Vinyl claddings protects the home not only from weather but also from pollution and mainly from noise.
• Aesthetic appearance
Exterior wall cladding with vinyl panels is not only a way to protect your home but it also an easy method to add aesthetic value too. Vinyl wall cladding has many benefits that its rivals lack of.
1. Wide array of choices- vinyl panels arrive in a wide array of choices and are available in different colours and shades. There are shades and contours available which mimics wood and stone. They are also manufactured in different thickness so picking a particular type suitable for your home and weather conditions becomes an easy task.
2. Does not fade fast- Top end vinyl panels are resistant to sunlight and will not fade for a long time. Also it will not discolour or develop dirty patches letting your home stay new and fresh for a long time.
Homes with vinyl wall claddings appears new which could considerably increase the resale value. Also, having a low maintenance cost and protection from fluctuating weather conditions provides a stress free, comfortable living environment for your family. Looking for cladding Brisbane? Contact Prestige Exteriors today.